When a motor in your home starts, it asks your utility company’s transformer for power. The demand of electricity from your motor runs through the wiring in your home, to the panel box, traveling to your meter, finally reaching its destination of the transformer and back down to your home again. Throughout this process, the lines/wires heat up and strain the motor and wiring. The heat generated is called watts.
During a normal electrical process, there is lost energy that you are being billed for by your energy company but are not able to use.
The Power Management Unit stores otherwise lost energy and releases this energy to your motor when needed to function properly. This reduces the amount of heat on the wires and the motors in your home. Reducing this heat will lower your electricity bill and increase the life span of the motors in your home. Inductive motors are in your refrigerator, freezer, washer, dryer, ceiling fans, air conditioning units, etc. If you use the old T-12 fluorescent lighting, the ballast is also an inductive load. Anything with a copper winding that creates an electromagnetic field is an inductive load, just like your inverter that turns DC current into AC current.
Using methods from large industrial complexes, the Power Management Unit reclaims wasted energy and recycles electrical energy. It protects against power surges and increases the capacity to your electrical panel by causing it to run cooler. By doing so, this saves you money $$$$$!
Over 16 billion dollars of electricity is unusable energy, but billable in the U.S.
– US Department of Energy